Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Graduated....

First off I want to say that I was blessed to hear from an apostle of the Lord this past weekend.  Elder Scott came to our Stake Conference.  It was everything good and wonderful.   I have a great love for this man.  He spoke right to my heart.  Oh the church is TRUE!!!  I even got to shake his hand TWICE!  I love love love the Gospel.

I realize that there has been a lack of posts on this blog.  And my only response is because I have nothing to say.  Shocking I know.  This transition to the post graduated world has been interesting.  I have my own room, a big bed, a TV/DVD, bathroom, living room, closet, shelves, and lots of time.  Normally a person would be thrilled with all these things to them self.  I admit it is nice.  Yet, it's a bit lonely.  During the day I hold down the fort while my "roommates" are at work at school.  The dog, can be company, but it's not much of a social atmosphere during the day.  I do enjoy spending time with my family and helping around the house whenever I can.

I try to find activities to fill up my time at night.  I've started attending institute...this is a first for me.  So far so good, but I've only been to one class.  The singles ward has some activities during the week.  I back to square one, I really don't have any friends so it's back to the basics.  I keep telling myself that this is good for me, to get out of my comfort zone and make new friends.  I forget how hard it can be at times.  I am making a conscious effort to attend all ward activities and to be an active member of the ward.  My dad said that being active will creative activity.  I hope that I will be able to make some friends and have fun.

As for the job hunt, I'm in the process of elimination. Lucky for me I don't have to do the elimination I'm the one being eliminated from each job I apply for.  The market is tough right now, but I have great hope and faith in the future.  I'm really just trying to do my part and let the Lord guide and direct me.  I love my field of study and it would be a dream to land a job in the area of recreation.  But with the economy the way it is right now funds are being cut and it's harder to find a job.  So, I'm looking elsewhere.  As long as I am working with people and helping them make their life better in someway I can be happy.  It's nice that I really don't have many expenses right now.  So my bank account is completely depleting.

Now for those of you who do read this all the way through please know that I still am a happy clam.  I know that the Lord has great things in store for me.  I have found joy in the journey and that is the blessings that come from the gospel.  I have a goal this year to read The New Testament.  I'm coming to know my Savior in a new light.  I've re-read a favorite talk -- A More Determined Disciple This talk has changed my life and brought more hope and faith.  Please enjoy. 

Now if any of you know of a job I could apply for please let me know, I am a hard worker.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Hailey Jones said...

as for this goose.
i love you forever.
oc 2010?
jkjkjk.
i understand the hunt for a job. uck.
but all i ever wanted was a job as a rec coord.
but you know how it goes.

so i love you.
and think about you often.
ihc.
has great jobs. even some sorta/kinda in your field. at least oppertunities/benefits/etc.. no the rn jobs. those are for gecko and little dipper.

but you know what i'm saying.

i love you.
call me please.

goosey.

Alex and Orchid Christensen said...

That's funny because Ashley had me read that talk because it changed her life and it has changed mine as well. It's amazing. I love you so much and I'm feeling your pain. I have a job as a 7th grade teacher and I like it, but I don't love it as much as I thought I would and I just don't know what to do... I feel like maybe I don't even know... I know that I'm suppose to be a teacher because every time I say I don't want to Heavenly Father tells me it was my calling in my career choice. Maybe I'll feel better about it when I start seeing my kids make a difference. SO we haven't been that great a bout the emailing thing... I don't know where i put your email so you should give it to me again, but I know you probably feel like you have nothing to blog about because that's how I've felt, but you do so BLOG more I need to know ab out your life. I love you so much and you are a great and amazing example in my life. I love you.