Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thats My Mom

One of the frequent compliments I receive is, "You have a wonderful Mother" I couldn't agree more.

My mother is one of kind, she is compassionate, funny, talented, beautiful,  witty, and fun to be around.  Growing up I didn't realize the sacrifices that my mom made to make my life so enjoyable and fulfilling.

My mother is my best friend.  She has been there for me when I most needed her.  She has sacrificed her time especially in this last year to help me get where I am today.  I love to just talk with her.  We talk about politics, current events, what's happening in our family, who got voted off Dancing with the Stars or who should have gotten voted off, our favorite Zumba song, my date the night before, a book we're reading, or we just talk to talk.

I appreciate her example of compassion.  When ever we have more food than is needed she offers it to the neighbors. She will accompany anyone who needs it.  She'll bring in a candy from her studio just because she thought I would enjoy a treat.

I love my mother's sense of humor.  If I need a help with a practical joke, have a joke to tell she's one I go to first.  She sees the fun and positive in life and lives it to the fullest.

She lives by the spirit.  One day recently I was having a hard day.  I was in tears most the day, she wasn't aware of this because I was at work.  She happened to call and see if I wanted to go get a cupcake.  It was exactly what I needed. My mom and chocolate.

My mom is musical not only on the piano, but she helped me with the cello, my sisters on the violin, Caleb on the viola and now Dinah on the harp.  She is always singing a song that fits with any situation.  You give her any word and she will sing you a song that has that word in it.

I admire the way she raised me and my siblings.  She has a testimony of Gospel and she lives by it.  She will often quote scriptures or prophets when I seek her advice.  I learned the principle of obedience from her.  She is known for saying, "You love whom you serve".  This has blessed my life in more ways than I can count.  And she is always serving.

I love my mom for many reasons.  I am who I am because of my mother.  And for that I will be eternally grateful.

No comments: