Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Fools!

I love the April Fools holiday.  This year the day was full of laughs.

I started early the night before.  I short sheeted Caleb's bed.  It worked out perfectly.  Little did he know that more was coming.  A couple years ago my roommates got me by tying my underwear together, I wanted Caleb and Dinah to enjoy that luxury, so I tied the few underwear they had together.  Luckily I didn't have to work too early so I was able to see their reaction.  It was priceless.

I knew that most likely something was coming my way while I was at work.  When I came home from work I found that someone had taken my underwear and replaced it with Caleb and Dinah's.  Awesome!

When I returned to work I made sure to get there early so I could pull a few quick ones on Crystal and Dr. O.  I switched supply drawers on Crystal and tied Dr. O's gloves together.  Luckily they thought it was funny too.

When I returned home Caleb was telling me about all of his big plans to get me back but mom wouldn't let him.  He then went out to play outside and I just hung out with Jeremiah looking at cars.  My dad was doing something in the kitchen and my mom walked in for a break from piano teaching.  The next thing I know my mom is yelling from the bathroom that she is locked in.  Someone had switched the door knobs.  We all knew who it was...Caleb!  I thought it was so funny, mom didn't think so.

I then went back up to Caleb's room and switched his clothes drawers, he found that pretty quick when he went to go change his clothes.  It was great.

I then went out with Jeremiah thinking that all the tricks had been played.  When I came home Caleb informed me that he was in the middle of taking my sheets off my bed when he had to go upstairs, so his final trick was that my bed was half way made.  Props to him for trying.  He had a big surprise for him when he found MY underwear in his drawer...Dinah was guilty of that one.

It was a great day! I'm a fan of classy, harmless tricks.

Happy April!

4 comments:

Larissa said...

And the award for most mentions of underwear in a clean blog post goes to Bekah!!! Congratulations!
;-)
Hilarious.

Heather said...

How fun!

Jeff and Lori said...

I'm so glad you're carrying on our legacy.... You never suspected ol' Caitlin for being capable of touching someone else's underwear! Ha!!! :)

Clarissa Jane said...

you're a hoot, you goof!