Mrs. Luke.......Sister Luke........Rebekah Luke..... Bekah Luke.....oh right thats me. To say that it has taken some getting used to that name change is an understatement. But it's the best change that ever happened to me.
A whole blog is in the works about that perfect day on April 16, 2013. But for right now I'm humoring my dear friend Lori Shirley. I think it's fun to read what other people have to say when doing these little questionnaires so I want to join the fun.
Here are the rules:
A. List 11 things about yourself
B. Answer the questions the nominee created for you
C. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate
D. Create 11 questions for them (or use the previous questions)
1. I'm the middle of 7 children in every way you look at it. 3 older 3 younger. Girl-boy-girl--ME--Girl-boy-girl. And out of the 5 girls I'm the middle as well.
2. When I was born I left the hospital with out a name. It took 4 days for my parents to decide on a name. Perfection takes time obviously :)
3. 9 months ago I stopped eating Gluten (wheat, oats, barley, and rye) and it has changed my life. I'm not celiac, but have a gluten intolerance. It's not as hard as it sounds. There are lots of substitutes and I feel so much better about life.
4. When I take a nap in bed or lay in bed at all I take my pants off. I can't stand wearing pants in bed. I found out recently that it is because when I was little my mom would take my pants off to take a nap. Sorry if thats TMI.... :)
5. I am a HUGE fan of BYU football and basketball. I LOVE everything about it. Well except when they lose. I love to read about the players, coaches, and the games.
6. I was an intern at the White House under the Bush Administration.
7. I play the cello. I took lessons from 4th grade till my senior year. I played in a children's orchestra, middle school symphony and utah youth symphony. When I got to high school the orchestra program wasn't so great. I played in college and now I play at church and funerals. I still love it and want to play more.
8. I worked the same job from when I was 16 up till I graduated college. Macey's grocery store. They were good to me, with a flexible schedule and letting work weekends and summers during college.
9. I took a canoeing class and love to canoe. I prefer to be in front and paddle on the right side. And yes it is a "paddle" and not an "oar".
10. I've been to Disneyland on my birthday 4 times. It's magical.
11. I played co-ed kickball for 3 years. Some of the most fun I've ever had.
Now to answer the provided questions.
1. What is the strangest thing you've ever done?
I guess it could be considered strange that in college my roommate Kimberly and I would walk to a friends house and lay on his trampoline without him knowing. I drive by that house frequently now, I love the memories there.
2. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I walked all the way across campus up to the temple for the open house. Once we got inside a sweet little sister missionary came up to me and pulled back of my skirt out of my tights. Awesome!
3. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Hopefully some cute kiddies, as a stay at home mom, in a house with a yard and Jared working as a PA, and maybe teaching at the local college.
4. What's the best decision you've ever made?
Jared Wilson Luke
5. What is your greatest accomplishment?
Paying and graduating college is up there, but I think accomplishing the goal that I had since I was 15 to work in the White House is pretty cool.
6. What does a perfect day look like in your life?
I recently experienced the perfect day on April 16 2013, but cruising with all of my family would be pretty perfect!
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I think it would be so cool to be a wizard. Like Heromione Granger.
8. What is your greatest fear?
Recently it's been something happening to Jared. Too many sad stories in the news of husbands and wives dying.
9. If you had to choose a different name for yourself, what would it be?
I really love my name and how it's spelled. I haven't thought of ever changing it. But recently I did want to change my last name to Luke...so I did. :)
10. If you were a kitchen utensil, what would you be and why?
I think a nice sharp knife. Everyone appreciates you! Although sometimes I would accidentally cut people and I wouldn't like that.
11. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pot Belly's sandwich and Ice Cream Sandwich. Or Zuppa Tuscana soup!
Nominees ( no pressure, really!)
(and whoever else wants to)
1. Who is your movie character crush?
2. What is your favorite house hold chore and why?
3. If you could be any book character who would you be?
4. What is something you look back at think, "what was I thinking"?
5. What is your favorite physical feature about yourself?
6. If you could go any where in the USA where would you go?
7. If you could have dinner with someone from history who would it be?
8. If you could go back to college and study something else what would you study?
9. What is the worst dream you've ever had?
10. What is your favorite musical?
11. What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do?