Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Agency and Accountability


How often do we really think about our consequences to our actions? Not only that but how often when we make a wrong or bad decision do we want to be accountable for that action?


One of my favorite Guiding Principles in the Activities program is " Students have the opportunity to Act, rather than be Acted upon". As students here at BYU-Idaho we have many opportunities to act. I must admit that in Bro. Grant's class it's all about acting. Some times it's hard to know what to do. As for me I want to make a difference, but I've come to realize that I would rather make a big difference in one person's life rather than a little if nothing at all in so many peoples lives. Don't get me wrong though, I want to help lots of people, but if you spread your self thin in many different places you can't spread yourself thick any where.


I hate to admit it but I've found that my class really isn't one to really act. They are a lot of talk and no action. But I know what I can do and I try to do that.

No comments: