Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WASHINGTON DC....Day 1

Yes my friends I went back to the great nation's capitol.  It was a short trip, but it was practically perfect in every way.  I stayed with my dear roommate and her family, and played played played.  Here's a review in pictures.

Day 1: Wake up 3:30 AM, Jeremiah was kind enough to take to the airport to board the plane by 6:00 AM.  It was a short flight to Dallas TX, I slept a good portion of the flight.  I got off the plane, used the lou, bought something to eat then boarded my next plane.   That flight was longer, but thank goodness for iPod's that you can watch movies on.  Here is my first picture when I arrived 2:00 pm DC time.



It was quite an adventure find Clarissa aka CJ, we both got lost, but eventually found each other.  It was a beautiful reunion, and I got to meet her cute little baby Cora Jane.  Our first stop....Potbelly's of course.




It tasted so good.  There was a slight set back when I learned they only make them with vanilla ice cream now, but it was still so so so delicious.  Just what I needed to begin my adventures.  

We got lost again, which I must admit was quite a surprise to me.  CJ used to know her way around the city like the back of her hand,  but she's lived outside of the city for so long she's lost touch.  It was still so nice to be able to catch up on the drive home.  We arrived home to a cooked meal by her nice husband and were greeted with a big hug from a little red head, her daughter Sarah.  
After dinner we made cookies, and played Clue, CJ won....she pretended the whole time like she didn't know what she was doing.  WHATEVER!

No comments: