Saturday, March 17, 2012

Caucus 2012



This past Thursday I experienced something new.  The Republican Caucus.  Just like many many others my dad and I flocked to the nearest middle school and was crammed into a small classroom.  It was so fun to have so many people there.  I must admit I felt a little out of place being a young adult but I also took a little bit of pride in that fact as well.

It started out calm and casual.  Then as time went on it got more exciting and discussion got more heated.  It was so fun to see the work of the constitution into play.  Checks and balances.  I almost wish we were in black robes wearing white wigs.  I admit that I was very surprised by some of my friends and neighbors view and opinion.  But thats the great thing about America, we vote and we don't have to all vote the same. I was surprised by how people presented themselves, some wanted my vote but were very wishy washy.  And I loved the fact that when someone finally stood up and stated exactly who he wanted, he got the majority of the vote.  

This was a fun experience, and one day I would like to be a state delegate and go to the convention.  I love being involved and being an active community member.  What a blessing it is to live in a free country, and have this right to have our voice heard.

No comments: